[TRLog] TRLog and serial ports, 2

Subject: [TRLog] TRLog and serial ports, 2
From: k2av@contesting.com (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 23:42:47 -0500
Wouldn't it be better these days to have TR post itself from the
computer's motherboard clock, which it has access to without internet
or daisy chain? If you have to ignore the computer's clock, as in a
REALLY old cpu which had to have a clock card that needed a tsr to
read it, then let that be set as an option, or tested for.

Since one cannot count on having all the time slices running in a DOS
box, it should re-reference the software clock to the hardware clock
frequently.

Most of the motherboard clocks I have seen keep close enough time
while the cpu is powered up. A few of mine keep time within a second a
month. Certainly good enough to keep the minute for a weekend.

Just a suggestion.

73, Guy.