[Trlog] Here's a Good one

Subject: [Trlog] Here's a Good one
From: n4zr at contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sat Feb 8 12:35:51 2003
At 11:32 AM 2/8/03 -0500, K5NZ@aol.com wrote:
>I'm connecting 2 radios, using TR in a DOS window with Win 98SE..  Sometimes
>when I start TR it locks up.. I remove the second radio from the
>logcfg.datand it runs fine every time?  Add the second radio back and works
>once then maybe not the next time you start TR.
>
>I restart in DOS only and it runs fine with both radios always?  Any idea why
>running in the DOS window would cause intermitant problems?  Is it better to
>restart in DOS and run TR this way all the time?

I've never had this problem with 1 or 2 radios, running TR in DOS window
under SE.  I wonder, though, if maybe the Windows port drivers get bothered
by not seeing an active device on the port.  I know that DX4WIN will jam if
you start it without having the connected radio(s) on.  It has a built-in
timeout which, perhaps, TR does not have.

73, Pete N4ZR