Re: [Trlog] Another Minor bugs in TR 6.78 -- and a wish list item

To: "Lee Hiers" <aa4ga@contesting.com>, trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Another Minor bugs in TR 6.78 -- and a wish list item
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 11:26:06 -0500
At 11:08 AM 11/3/03 -0500, Lee Hiers wrote:
Does that with the FT990 also...I can't remember if it
actually zeros the RIT, or only switches it off though.  If
it just turns it off, it shouldn't be too bad to add I
would guess, but think that if it zeros the RIT, that would
be tougher to work around.

I don't know about the 990, but the command to clear the RIT in the Mark V is very similar to the one that turns it on and off -- same structure, just a different operator. You wouldn't necessarily want the RIT to hold the same offset, would you? When I change bands or jump down to the bandedge, I'm happy to have it set to zero, as long as it stays on, because my CQs do that already -- I just need the RIT on, to catch the next off-frequency caller. Of course, in the Mark V, at least, the amount of offset is retained, but that just adds to the operator confusion if you fail to notice that the RX and CLAR flags aren't there any longer.

73, Pete N4ZR The World HF Contest Station Database was updated October 29. 2469 stations are listed -- 29 new and over 100 updated. Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm