Re: [Trlog] Minor bugs in TR 6.78

To: K4RO Kirk Pickering <k4ro@k4ro.net>, trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Minor bugs in TR 6.78
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 14:25:33 -0500
At 01:13 PM 11/4/03 -0600, K4RO Kirk Pickering wrote:
The on-deck call info used to remain visible.  Now it seems
to disappear almost immediately.  The station is still on-deck,
and you can also see it on the S&P bandmap if it's visible.
I too would prefer that it stay up all the time in the on-deck
line in the mult window like it used to.  I think this symptom
happened without me hitting any Escapes at all.

I've been doing some experimenting with this today, in conjunction with a friend. He has 2 MPs, I have a Mark 5 and a TS-930/PIEXX. His symptoms sound like yours. With mine, as long as I only hit one ESC after calling someone on the second radio, the callsign and the words "Space Bar for [#]M QSO" on the second line remain visible, but the rest of the stuff about QSO and Mult needs disappears.

If I hit more than 1 ESC, though, the callsign disappears; most times it's just one extra, but once it took 2. I wonder if maybe this is an artifact of some code that was put in back when the Alt-D window wasn't cleared each time it was invoked.

After I have made the call in the on-deck circle disappear, it is NOT really still there. Hitting the space bar in this state just switches the run radio to S&P mode. This can be really confusing when you're tired.

73, Pete N4ZR The World HF Contest Station Database was updated October 29. 2469 stations are listed -- 29 new and over 100 updated. Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm