Re: [Trlog] Another Minor bugs in TR 6.78 -- and a wish list item

To: "Tree" <tree@kkn.net>, "Lee Hiers" <aa4ga@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Another Minor bugs in TR 6.78 -- and a wish list item
From: "jbattin" <jbattin@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 13:41:22 -0600
From: "Tree" <tree@kkn.net>
To: "Lee Hiers" <aa4ga@contesting.com>
Cc: <trlog@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 12:42 PM

> On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 11:08:59AM -0500, Lee Hiers wrote:
> > On 3 Nov 2003 at 10:34, Pete Smith wrote:
> >
> > > This reminds me of a wish list item.  Every time you enter the
frequency in
> > > the call window and move a Mark V (or MP) to a new frequency, or
command a
> > > band change from the computer, the radio automagically turns off the
> > > RIT.  Any chance of a Yaesu-only optional command that would send the
> > > requisite CAT command to the radio after it executes the frequency
move, to
> > > turn the RIT back on?
> >
> > Does that with the FT990 also...I can't remember if it
> > actually zeros the RIT, or only switches it off though.  If
> > it just turns it off, it shouldn't be too bad to add I
> > would guess, but think that if it zeros the RIT, that would
> > be tougher to work around.
>
> I am sure this is a radio feature.  TR doesn't do anything with the RIT
> when sending the radio to a new frequency.
>
> Tree

I am using a MK5, version 6.62 with up-dated arrl section file, one radio,
networked, with paddle actuated, and each time I make a qso it zeroes out
the RIT. It seems not to be transmitting that zeroes it but logging the qso
does it. Most of the time I like it, but if I were running with an
intentional split, it could be a problem.It does not turn it off ... just
zeroes it.
John K9DX