RE: [Trlog] 1B67LAX Bug

To: Dale Martin <kg5u@hal-pc.org>, trlog@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [Trlog] 1B67LAX Bug
From: Jimmy Weierich <kg2au@stny.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 13:25:10 -0500
I guess I haven't made myself clear. I have no complaints about the sweepstakes exchange parser. It is one of the slickest parts of TRLog. Having been a mainframe programmer in a previous life (and yes, I wrote some data entry software), I understand the complexity of the task and appreciate the great job Tree has done here. I am not asking for any change to the parser!

The problem is that us dumb humans sometimes enter things incorrectly and confuse the parser, causing the call in the call sign window to be overwritten with part of the exchange. All I'm asking for is a way to retrieve the call that was overwritten.

Enough of this for now, time to get ready for SS. Let's hope the propagation gods are kinder to us then it looks like they are going to be.