Re: [Trlog] Freeze-up in SS Phone

To: "Mike D." <hrg@cifnet.com>, <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Freeze-up in SS Phone
From: "KL7RA" <kl7ra@ptialaska.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:57:29 -0900
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 4:19 AM
Subject: [Trlog] Freeze-up in SS Phone

> I ran ver. 6.78 in SS Phone under DOS 6.22 and had several freeze-ups. I had
> to reboot the computer each time to get TR going again. I never had this
> problem before. It seemed to occur while in S & P mode and once while under
> Control-J.
-snip-
> 73 de Mike, N9BOR

Hi Mike

One easy test to do is Control J and then scroll the cursor down and back a few
times which makes the program load overlays. Any config problem will show up
by a freeze-up. If the new machine boots to DOS direct then the config.sys file
in C: root may have some settings that are too low.
buffers=40,0   files=45   stacks=18,256   will work.

I was waiting to see if anyone had a better answer as it doesn't seem likely you
changed the config file and you probably bring the PC up in Windows first
anyway.

73 Rich KL7RA