Re: [Trlog] Multi op single xmtr

To: Paul Beringer <ng7z@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Multi op single xmtr
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 12:27:33 -0600
On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 10:15:18AM -0800, Paul Beringer wrote:
> In next week's SSB NAQP, we plan on using two ops and one transmitter. Rule
> 9 on the NCJ web site states in part, "If the name sent is changed during
> the contest, as sometimes happens with multi-operator stations, the name
> used for each QSO must be clearly identified in the log."
> The entry classifications are either single op or multi op two transmitters.
> A second radio is not an option due to my friends limited space where we'll
> be operating. So I guess we will be operating as the second classification.
> My question is this. How do I configure TR to be able to change names during
> the contest when we swap operators? Is there a control key or alt key
> command that I don't know about? Or maybe just make a cntrl-N note when we
> swap and massage the log afterwards? I haven't a clue.
> Thanks
> Paul NG7Z

Don't change names.

You do not need to change names.
The rules do not require you to change names.

As soon as you do change names during the contest
you will get endless questions about your name
from everyone you work that worked you with
the previous name.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net