Re: [Trlog] Multi op single xmtr

To: Paul Beringer <ng7z@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Multi op single xmtr
From: Juhan Põldvere <juhan@chem.ut.ee>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 13:45:20 +0200
Paul NG7Z:
> My question is this. How do I configure TR to be able to change names during
> the contest when we swap operators? Is there a control key or alt key
> command that I don't know about?

If you don´t want to go the RST route (599 to every 337 chirpy clicky drifting
signal) with names, you could write additional config files, say PAUL and JOE:

COMPUTER ID = P
CQ EXCHANGE = 5NN PAUL
CQ MEMORY F2 = 5NN PAUL
... other operator-specific commands/messages ...

and load these with control-V when you change ops.

You will have problems after the contest when you try to generate Cabrillo,
though.

Jim VE7FO:
> If someone asks for the name to be spelled out I guess we should say
> "Japan" rather than "Juliet".

Jim, you say "Japan" and let Brenda say "Juliet".

--
Juhan ES5QX