Re: [Trlog] Wish list

To: Tom Hammond <n0ss@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Wish list
From: alan.kaul@att.net (alan.kaul@att.net)
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 21:31:15 +0000
Thanks TOM.  Yes, POST saves the original log.

But as you might be aware, the logged freq data is in two
different locations --- at the beginning of the record
it lists the band and mode, i. e., 15SSB... followed by date
and the time followed by  a decimal point and the frequency
in thousands of a Mhz (.xxx).  So the record in the original log
looks something like this: (note--spacings modified)

15SSB 02-Oct-04 23:32 .299  K5YAA  407  Ok  Ok  2

After running POST, that original log is saved, and a new log
is created, looking something like this:

15SSB 02-Oct-04 23:32   76  K5YAA  407  Ok  Ok  2

What I'm really asking for is a final log that looks something like
this:

21299 (or 21.299) SSB 02-Oct-04 23:32 76  K5YAA 407 Ok  Ok  2

So that when I convert this info to ADIF format (in order to input
to my regular log) the actual frequency would be preserved.

I realize this might be impossible with the dedicated line
spacings that are required by TR.  However, I might mention,
that when POST writes a CABRILLO file, it does change 15SSB
to 21000 PH as follows, so we know that some changes are possible:

QSO: 21000 PH 2004-10-02 2332 W6RCL  299 LAX  K5YAA    407 Ok

Maybe most of us don't care about saving this data.... maybe this
fix to accomodate a small number of users doesn't make sense to
anyone else (including Tree).  But I believe it would make a good
contest logging program better.

Thanks, 73 de alan

--
Alan Kaul W6RCL LaCanada, CA 91011