Re: [Trlog] Wish list

To: TR Log <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Wish list
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 20:55:52 -0700
Hi Alan,

To show which contacts are Run and which are S&P add the following to your logcfg.dat (before you make the Qs - too late after):

SHOW SEARCH AND POUNCE = TRUE

All S&P Qs will be marked with a $

It would be pretty easy to dump your log into Excel and manipulate it to give you contacts in the form of

21299 SSB 02-Oct-04 23:32 76 K5YAA 407 Ok Ok 2

or
21.299 SSB 02-Oct-04 23:32 76  K5YAA 407 Ok  Ok  2

Converting this to ADIF may take a little programming. However, maybe someone has already done it and will tell us how. Maybe it could be done in Excel. I don't know enough about the ADIF format to be sure about this part.

Hope this is of some help

73 de Jim Smith VE7FO

alan.kaul@att.net wrote:

Thanks TOM. Yes, POST saves the original log.

But as you might be aware, the logged freq data is in two
different locations --- at the beginning of the record
it lists the band and mode, i. e., 15SSB... followed by date
and the time followed by  a decimal point and the frequency
in thousands of a Mhz (.xxx).  So the record in the original log
looks something like this: (note--spacings modified)

15SSB 02-Oct-04 23:32 .299 K5YAA 407 Ok Ok 2

After running POST, that original log is saved, and a new log is created, looking something like this:

15SSB 02-Oct-04 23:32 76 K5YAA 407 Ok Ok 2

What I'm really asking for is a final log that looks something like
this:

21299 (or 21.299) SSB 02-Oct-04 23:32 76 K5YAA 407 Ok Ok 2

So that when I convert this info to ADIF format (in order to input
to my regular log) the actual frequency would be preserved.

I realize this might be impossible with the dedicated line spacings that are required by TR. However, I might mention, that when POST writes a CABRILLO file, it does change 15SSB to 21000 PH as follows, so we know that some changes are possible:

QSO: 21000 PH 2004-10-02 2332 W6RCL 299 LAX K5YAA 407 Ok

Maybe most of us don't care about saving this data.... maybe this fix to accomodate a small number of users doesn't make sense to anyone else (including Tree). But I believe it would make a good contest logging program better.

Thanks, 73 de alan

--
Alan Kaul W6RCL LaCanada, CA 91011 e-mail: w6rcl@amsat.org http:// home.att.net/~alan.kaul/index.html

-------------- Original message from Tom Hammond : --------------

Though I've not used this option, doesn't it save a copy of your original file before performing the renumber action?

I know POST saves the input file before it performs many other operations, seems logical that it'd do the same here.

73,

Tom N0SS