Re: [Trlog] Partial loss of frequency data

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Partial loss of frequency data
From: VR2BrettGraham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 21:32:21 +0000
With 6.79 & TS-950S here, the program will stop showing the
frequency display for the radio while I tune the radio.  A little
while after I stop tuning the radio, the program then displays
the frequency it is on.

 From time to time, the program goes beep & spits the dummy,
reporting it has stopped polling the radio.

FILTER RADIO MESSAGE LENGTH is set to TRUE.

Increasing KENWOOD RESPONSE TIMEOUT to something
like 300 will make the frequency display stay, but as I tune
the 950 the frequency still isn't updated & the display may
still disappear if I keep tuning long enough.  It seems to follow
slow tuning at around 400 or 500, but will eventually hold on
a frequency & then go blank.

This behavior can result in a mucked up bandmap if one doesn't
take care to make sure the program is with you when doing a
pass through the band.

Rig #2 is a K2 & it does none of that, though there have been
a few instances where the program has also decided to stop
polling that radio.  Each time I believe I was doing nothing
with the radio immediately before it happened (meaning I was
doing something with the 950).

After polling was stopped for a radio, all seems fine after
restarting the program.

73, VR2BrettGraham