[WriteLog] Assistance needed

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Assistance needed
From: lintitus@nbnet.nb.ca (Titus, Lin)
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 21:58:20 -0300
I am a very new (one week) user of Writelog.

I have most of the basic things working including packet spots but am having
difficult getting the connection to my PK 232 MBX working.

Currently I use Logic5 software and a Pentium III as follows...

        COM 1   to MFJ TU for packet cluster info
        COM 2   controls ICOM 756 PRO
        COM 3   to PK 232 for RTTY
        LPT 1   printer
        LPT 2   CW

This setup works fine.

I now have purchased Writelog for contest activities and want to use the
same COM ports as for the Logic5 program so I can change back and forth
between programs. I know that I can only have one program running at a time.

Therefore, I have programmed the WriteLog COMM ports as follows...

        COM 1 works fine with the MFJ TU
        COM 2 works fine with the ICOM 756 PRO

        However, I can't get any response from the PK 232 using COM 3.

Here is what I have done so far...

        opened up the WriteLog.ini file in the Windows system directory and
changed the parameters for COM 3 to 1200,e,7,1,x which is what  Logic5 uses
with the PK 232

        selected COM 3 on the RTTY window

        selected the PK 232 option on the TU menu. This brings up an
'Initialization' screen which goes away after a few seconds

I get absolutely no response from the PK 232 - ie no 'power on' message, etc

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong or
overlooking?

Lin  VE9FX