[WriteLog] Kenwood 850 to Laptop cables

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Kenwood 850 to Laptop cables
From: kbelan@bellsouth.net (Kent Belan)
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 20:58:46 -0400
I saw info on the Rigblaster option in the archive and checked out
their website. It is a very nice solution, but it also is quite
expensive. Wondering if anyone else has a less expensive solution? Has
anyone made the cables for the 850, or do I need to get a Rigblaster.
Doesn't the Rigblaster use a Com port. I used my one and only Com port
on the laptop for the IF-232c box. I can get another Com port thru the
USB port to a COM port converter but those are expensive. Do I need
another COM port?

Sorry for so many questions,
Can't wait to start using WriteLog,
Thanks for your help,