[WriteLog] RE:Kenwood 850 to Laptop cables - RIGBlaster

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RE:Kenwood 850 to Laptop cables - RIGBlaster
From: nz3o@arrl.net (Byron Peebles)
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 22:00:22 -0400
I find the investment worthwhile because I change radios.

The RIGblaster can use a serial connection, but doesn't require one
for VOX operation.  I use a USB/Serial adapter for this, myself,
since I use radio control, rotor control and packet on the first
three serial ports I have, and CW on the LPT port.

When I compare cost to utility and time saved, I found it cheap.

At 20:58 2000-10-02 -0400, Kent Belan wrote:
>I saw info on the Rigblaster option in the archive and checked out
>their website. It is a very nice solution, but it also is quite
>expensive. Wondering if anyone else has a less expensive solution? Has
>anyone made the cables for the 850, or do I need to get a Rigblaster.
>Doesn't the Rigblaster use a Com port. I used my one and only Com port
>on the laptop for the IF-232c box. I can get another Com port thru the
>USB port to a COM port converter but those are expensive. Do I need
>another COM port?

ARS NZ3O       Byron Peebles   members.bellatlantic.net/~byron/
PO Box 412                                                 voice: (610)715-9394
Paoli, PA 19301-0412 USA                        email: nz3o@arrl.net

-