[WriteLog] Packet spots

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Packet spots
From: Chad.Kurszewski@motorola.com (Kurszewski Chad-WCK005)
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 10:31:35 -0600
> 1. In other contest programs, the time of each packet spot appears in the
> spot window. This allows the op to quickly identify the spots that are
> getting a little stale. This would be a good addition for WL.

Keeping the packet terminal open to see the spotter and time of
spot isn't the solution.  On telnet, these spots just fly by,
and it's difficult to match up the mult window spot with the
packet window spot, especially if you wait more than a minute
to work the spot.

We experienced a time during the contest where the spots we were
getting were 1 to TWO hours old.  (Must have been a long delayed loop.)
One couldn't tell in the "Packet Spots" window that these spots were
that old.

It certainly would be an EXCELLENT addition to include the time
of the spot (not the arrival time, but the timestamp of the spot)
in the "Packet Spots" window so one could quickly delete the ancient
spots.

Chad WE9V