[WriteLog] WriteLog-TS950SDX-FSK almost there but ...

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WriteLog-TS950SDX-FSK almost there but ...
From: nn5t@attglobal.net (Jon Suehiro)
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 11:45:10 -0600

I made FSK keying circuit with a photo coupler using com port TXD and GND
connection.

I don't know how TS850 and TS870 are, but originally Kenwood FSK keying has
been in backward compare to Yaesu/Icom.

With Tele-reader, I can individually select normal/reverse on TX and RX.

When I was using KAM, I can reverse the FSK keying polarity on one of KAM
command (FSK rev: On).

TS950 FSK reverse on Menu does not work because it reverses not only TX but
RX also.

The TU type on Rittyrite - TNC setup nor FSK-Norm/FSK-Rev doesn't work
either by the same reason (I just need to reverse the keying polarity on TX
only).

Let me know if there is any trick to it.   Or do I need to add another
transistor in the keying circuit to reverse the polarity electrically in
hard way ?

How are you doing, Kenwood RTTY contester with WL ?

Jon, nn5t@arrl.net