[WriteLog] cabrillo

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] cabrillo
From: wt4i@brevard.net (Bruce Lifter)
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 19:26:01 -0500
Larry Benko writes:>

> Sorry for my ignorance but why would you not want to claim credit
> for a valid contact.  Certainly you don't want the other station to
> possibly lose credit for this contact.  I'm sure there must be a
> reason.

In CQ WW, if the QSOs are left in, the station could be reclassified
as multi-multi for violation of the 10 minute rule.

After I wrote software to check for 10 minute rule violations, I ran
some of my old multi-single logs through from previous CQ WW RTTY contests.
I was amazed at the number of violations. Some had as many as a dozen
violations even though we were extremely careful to only work
multipliers on the second station. All of these logs were inspected
by multiple people and none of the violations were spotted. (It is just too
hard!)

I would have to bet that every serious multi-single effort in CQ WW has
at least one violation. There are just too many ways for this to happen.
Hopefully the contest log checkers take into account the spirit of the
rule and not the letter of the rule.

If anybody is curious about one of their CQWW multi-single logs, email me
a Cabrillo or ASCII copy of your log and I will let you know what I
find.

> Kurszewski Chad-WCK005 wrote:
> >
> > So here is my problem.  There were a few QSOs that took place
> > on the multiplier radio that were not multipliers.  (Operator
> > error, bandmap entries were colored as mults when they weren't.)
> >
> > We worked said station.  We do not want to claim credit for
> > said station.  We do not want the said station to receive
> > NIL in the log checking process and the subsequent 3 QSO penalty.
> > So, we want to say to the log checkers, yes, we worked this
> > station.  Don't penalize him, but don't count it in our log, either.
> >
> > How does one accomodate this situation?

In the cabrillo format, there is no provision. The only thing you can do
is remove the QSOs.

73, Bruce WT4I

--
email address: wt4i@wt4i.com