[WriteLog] PCI Serial Card Update

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] PCI Serial Card Update
From: rjbethin@buffnet.net (Ron Bethin)
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 17:29:44 -0500
Similar experience with my DELL and a SIIG PCI serial board. After powering
up and Windows Me was loading, the computer would lockup. Had to reboot in
the Safe Mode and use the Device Manger to remove the SIIG PCI Controller
and delete the associated device drivers. Tried updated drivers, no joy.
Removed the SIIG card and replaced it with a 4 port VSCOM serial I/O board
from Byte Runner. Worked right out of the box as it should.

Usual disclaimers, just a happy customer!

73, Ron K2VF