[WriteLog] Soundcard troubleshooting

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Soundcard troubleshooting
From: n1eu@hotmail.com (Barry N1EU)
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 21:34:52 -0500
I'm scratching my head, since Writelog is refusing to key my rig with my
msg.wav files.  I know I've worked through this many times before, but not
since last upgrading my WL version.  I've:

- gone through "Wave File Locate"
- set DVK type to "Windows sound board"
- set Comm PTT to yes and turned off "All mode PTT"

I push one of the function keys and I just get that quick click and a flash
of the CAT light showing a command was sent to the FT1000MP.

If I switch the rig into xmit manually, I can hear the messages if I play
them through Windows sound recorder, but not if I hit the function key in WL
  (WL is not playing the messages).  If I open my CQ WW SSB file (it worked
fine back then with previous WL), same problem.

I suspect it is something simple I'm overlooking - any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Tnx/73,
Barry  N1EU