[WriteLog] LSB is really FSK, and Entrgra Serial Hub issues

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] LSB is really FSK, and Entrgra Serial Hub issues
From: don@hfradio.com (Don Melcher)
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 13:46:35 -0700
I am a new WL user, but...?

Shouldn't it be FSK is really LSB? Seems bass-ackwards to me - I was
checking out WL for FD and when I checked the option it put my IC 718 in
RTTY when I selected LSB - shouldn't this be a switch for AFSK to put the
radio in LSB (or, USB, if prefered) when you tell the program to go to FSK?
Am I missing something? Why would you want the radio to go to RTTY when you
select LSB???

But when I went back just to confirm what I was seeing, and it works like I
expected - AFTER I changed bands. Boy am I confused!!!

Also - using the Entrgra 4Serial/2USB adapter, and the selected port stops
responding after a while and I get a server busy window, with the whole
program locked-up. Previous posts re:Entrgra indicate no problems. Tried
with and without the port being configured for DOS support, and changed the
port from Radio to TNC to Rotor - same problems.

BTW - the band-map window is REALLY cool!!!!

Don
W6ZO