[WriteLog] More COM Ports

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] More COM Ports
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 08:51:52 -0500
Jim, the WL Ports Setup only shows you 4 "com slots" and the defaults are
numbered 1-4.  However, you can change the ini file so that those 4 "slots"
are numbered differently, e.g. 1,2,6,7 or whatever you need.  Then when you
access the Setup|Ports, it will display the new numbering.

This is well described in the HELP section under INI OPTIONS:

There are 4 "slots" available for WriteLog rig interfacing. By default,
CommSlot1 is COM1:, but you can change that by changing the number on the
right of the equal sign. These settings are not used for RTTY or for packet

CommSlot1=1
CommSlot2=2

In this example, the third and fourth slots are on COM7 and COM8. COM15 is
as high as is supported.
CommSlot3=7
CommSlot4=8

Hope this  helps!