[WriteLog] CW Decoder Problems

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CW Decoder Problems
From: dick.green@valley.net (Dick Green)
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 02:35:10 -0400
It works here under Win2K SP-2, but nothing displayed at first. I couldn't
get it to work in RTTY or PSK mode either. No audio signal, although receive
sound came out of the speaker. I couldn't get HamScope to work either. After
a while I loaded a .wl file I had set up for working RTTY and suddenly the
RTTY meter came to life. Switched to CW and it decoded fine. In my case, I
think it had to do with which entry window is selected when the View... RTTY
Window command is issued. I've never quite figured out how all that works,
but then again I don't do digital modes much and feel CW is better copies
through the ears than a soundboard. Still can't get HamScope to work.

If you're wondering whether you should upgrade to SP-2, check the Microsoft
Knowledge Base first to see if it fixes any specific soundboard issues. It's
a big download (15Mb or so, I think.)

Now that we know WL RTTY/PSK/CW works under Win2K, allow me to describe what
I think may be the wierdest incompatility I've ever seen. Stay tuned for my

73, Dick WC1M