[WriteLog] Update 10.27G (and MMTTY support in RttyRite!)

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Update 10.27G (and MMTTY support in RttyRite!)
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 19:24:42 -0500
I have not directly compared the MMTTY plug-in for WriteLog against
my DXP-38 or the standard WriteLog RTTY receiver but I am willing
to bet that if MMTTY is not consistently better, then it's going to be close.

I had MMTTY running next to my PK232 and it ran circles around
the PK232 and I could tell a BIG difference.  I've always run
this PK232 against the standard WriteLog RTTY Receiver and the
RTTY receiver was always "a little" better but not as good as the PK232
on fluttery signals over the pole even with Wideband Decode on.

On the other radio/computer, I've been running the DXP-38 against the
WriteLog RTTY Receiver and the DXP-38 is better but not by a lot.  It
is noticeable.  (I run two RTTY screens from each radio on each computer).

>From what I have seen in both the NAQP RTTY and this weekend's
Russian RTTY contest, I am going out on a limb and saying that I think
MMTTY will prove to be consistently better that the DXP-38, PK232
and WriteLog's RTTY Receiver.  I'm that impressed - and that is using
just the default values and not changing anything in MMTTY.  Only more
testing will tell for sure.  Stay tuned...

73, Don AA5AU