[WriteLog] Setting up MMTTY and WriteLog

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Setting up MMTTY and WriteLog
From: scot@k9jy.com (Scot Herrick)
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 01:38:21 -0000
Hi Jon,

See below...

CU...Scot, K9JY

See WriteLog's complete user manual at
K9JY's WriteLog site http://www.k9jy.com

mailto:scot@k9jy.com

> Having read Scot's and Don's posts on this combo in Beta test,  I've been
> eager for more info as an avid user of both programs.   I do realize that
> the last two hours of this weekend's Russian test probably aren't the best
> time to ask,  but sometime very soon would one of the testers
> have a moment
> to share just enough info for the rest of us to give it a try?
>
> Main question from my end:
>
> Does this implementation work on one PC like it did with WF1B,
> selecting KAM
> in TU Type dialog, then using a second Comm Port and null-modem crossover?
>
> If not, how to select plug-in TNC's on the dialog?  ( ala RITTY? )

I'm not going to have this exactly right, but will update my web page with
it in the next couple of days.

Basically, you need to do a couple of things. First, you need to have the
latest version of MMTTY installed on your PC and configured for your setup.
It's a beta version, and to quote one of my fellow beta testers:

"The latest release of the mmtty plugin is Beta 3. It
was released 010717 and the release notes at install should say:

010717: Beta 3
Fixed access violation exception at exit when used with WL 10.26F or later."

Then, once you have downloaded the latest version of WriteLog, open up the
RTTY window to bring up Rttyrite. Go to the toolbar and select TNC. Down at
the bottom you'll see MMTTY. Select that one and make sure you have the rest
of your RTTY setup correct on WriteLog (like a com port if you use FSK).

Note that all of this is done with software and your sound card and one PC.
There are no null modem cables or second com ports or hardware. If you have
WriteLog set up to use your sound card for RTTY today, just select MMTTY as
the TNC and you'll see a different tuning window.

Hope this helps...

CU...Scot, K9JY