[WriteLog] Motherboard COM1 works, RocketPort COM4 doesn't

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Motherboard COM1 works, RocketPort COM4 doesn't
From: jbastin@sssnet.com (John E Bastin, K8AJS)
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 09:12:55 -0400
At 17:12 -0700 08/25/2001, Dick Dievendorff wrote:

>Have people had luck with USB extenders that have COM ports on them?  I can
>do that, too.  I only have one motherboard COM port, though.

I'm running WriteLog under Virtual PC emulation software on a Macintosh
PowerBook that has no serial ports. I'm using a Keyspan USB PDA adapter to give
me one DB-9 serial (COM) port that I use to control my FT1000MP and to send CW.
It works very well.

Hope this helps.

J o h n   B a s t i n           K 8 A J S
jbastin@sssnet.com         K8AJS@arrl.net
    http://www.geocities.com/~tarquin