[WriteLog] Observations

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Observations
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 14:49:33 -0500
I observed #'s 1 & 3 below and also some other anomalies but
you have to remember that the SCC RTTY Championship, like
many modules are provided by Jorgen, SM6SRW, and he does
a good job in supplying these.  Many of the problems I attributed
to the plug-in and not WriteLog.

The main problem with the modules supported by Jorgen is that
the cursor needs to go to the exchange portion of the Entry window
when a call is clicked on and not the RST portion.  Perhaps he will
fix it soon.

There is one major problem that I noticed that I can't attribute to the
plug-in and that is when running two computers networked with 2
radios and having "RTTY Single Tx Lockout - Last one wins" enabled,
if you key up on radio A while B is transmitting, it drops B correctly,
but then drops A as well.  I'd not seen that one before and I use the
lockout feature as a backup to my normally "manual" control of the
two transmitters.  I was running version 10.27G since I didn't have time
to download and install 10.28 beta (sorry Wayne - I'll test it this week
and report back to Ron).

73, Don AA5AU