[WriteLog] Observations

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Observations
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 19:05:34 -0500
> The main problem with the modules supported by Jorgen is that
> the cursor needs to go to the exchange portion of the Entry window
> when a call is clicked on and not the RST portion.  Perhaps he will
> fix it soon.

That would be great.  I "worked-around" by editing the exchange parameters
such that it didn't prompt for RST - thus it went straight to the year
column.  Then, for the ONE guy that gave me a "true" RST, I just edited the
log!  ;-)

> There is one major problem that I noticed that I can't attribute to the
> plug-in and that is when running two computers networked with 2
> radios and having "RTTY Single Tx Lockout - Last one wins" enabled,
> if you key up on radio A while B is transmitting, it drops B correctly,
> but then drops A as well.

Don, I didn't have that problem.  In fact I tested the feature, watching the
Tx lites on each rig.  As soon as A keyed, B instantly UNkeyed, and A
tansmitted normally.  I could then cut A short and go to B with the same
excellent results.  v10.27G here worked flawlessly in that regard, so there
must be some spookier issue in your configuration.  I am using WIN2000(SP2),
FWIW (nada).  HI  GL Don.  73

P.S.  I had the same rate whether I used 1 or 2 rigs, but I had more fun
when I was using 2.  Specifically for "flare" contests, I'd like to see the
AUTO-CQ accomodate 2R.  ;-))