[WriteLog] Update of CTY files

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Update of CTY files
From: gbaron@home.com (Gil Baron)
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 22:20:30 -0500
--=====================_12021666==_.ALT

You are correct.
See the post by William Rohrer about what to do.
You are going to force them to be ambiguous and then you have to fill in
the letter in the C filed.
This field exists because incorrect prefix assignments are made or
incorrect values given in hte field before the /

I always thought that prefix was unique, I guess not!

According to the official prefix assignment ALL should be as follows,
FO  French Polynesia
FO0A  Austral
FO0M  Marquesas

But I guess this is not followed so it plays havoc with programs like this.

At 19:37 10/25/2001, Donald Eriksen wrote:
>It is not working correctly, Gil, at least not here. FO(letter OH) /HG9B
>should read Austral Is. And FO/SP9FIH should read Marquesas. All is not
>working at this location.

You are correct.&nbsp; <br>
See the post by William Rohrer about what to do.<br>
You are going to force them to be ambiguous and then you have to fill in
the letter in the C filed.<br>
This field exists because incorrect prefix assignments are made or
incorrect values given in hte field before the /<br><br>
I always thought that prefix was unique, I guess  not!<br><br>
According to the official prefix assignment ALL should be as
follows,<br>
FO&nbsp; French Polynesia<br>
FO0A&nbsp; Austral<br>
FO0M&nbsp; Marquesas<br><br>
But I guess this is not followed so it plays havoc with programs like
this.<br><br>
At 19:37 10/25/2001, Donald Eriksen wrote:<br>
correctly, Gil, at least not here. FO(letter OH) /HG9B should read
Austral Is. And FO/SP9FIH should read Marquesas. All is not working at
this location.</font>
<dl>
<dd>----- Original Message -----
<dd>From:</b> <a href="mailto:gbaron@home.com";>Gil Baron</a>
<dd>To:</b> <a href="mailto:k0xm@kc.rr.com";>Chuck Kraly</a> ;
<dd>Sent:</b> Thursday, October 25, 2001 5:10 PM

<dd>At 18:05 10/25/2001, Chuck Kraly
wrote:<blockquote type=cite class=cite cite>
<dd>ok guys, I am in a fix. I have tried to update the cty files for
tomorrow
<dd>nite 3 times on 2 different pc's, and no luck. Here's what I have
found:
<dd>I ran &quot;convert cty to writelog
<dd>I started the program, and entered FO/HG9B
<dd>The country STILL shows French Polynesia.
<dd>Somehow I feel i am missing something or some step in the
conversion
<dd>process. Anyone else notice this??
<dd>TIA

<dd>I just checked again. It could be that you did not have the cty
file&nbsp; in the program directory. I tried again and now it
works.<br><br>

<dd>It is also true that&nbsp; F (ZERO)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; F0/HG9B
does and should show France
<dd>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
F (Letter O)&nbsp; FO/HG9B dos and should show French Polynesia<br><br>

<dd>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
<dd>_______________________________________________
<dd>WriteLog mailing list
<dd>WriteLog@contesting.com
 face="Courier New, Courier">
<dd>Gil Baron
eudora="autourl">http://members.home.com/gbaron</a>
<dd>W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>

</dl><font face="Courier New, Courier">Gil Baron
eudora="autourl">http://members.home.com/gbaron</a><br>
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'<br>
&quot;Baila como nadie te ve&quot; <br>