[WriteLog] Re: Update of CTY files]

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: Update of CTY files]
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert)
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 06:44:12 -0700 (PDT)
The whole point of the country file is to resolve callsigns into countries.  If
the country file says that the callsign FO/HG9B is Australs, and WriteLog
ignores it and calls it French Polynesia, then that is a BUG.  Or at least a
deficiency in the program.  Otherwise I can save myself a lot of time by just
mapping prefixes, removing all special calls from the log, and letting the
users suffer.  Is that what everyone wants?  I don't think so.

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com