[WriteLog] Writelog equivalent of WF1B .AIR file?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Writelog equivalent of WF1B .AIR file?
From: gbaron@charter.net (Gil Baron)
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 22:18:35 -0600
--=====================_96293522==_.ALT

At 20:56 11/25/2001, W. Wright, W5XD wrote:
>you might try setting the INI file entry to something really big:
>
>[RTTYRITE]
>ScrollBufferLength=1000000
>
>Then the Rttyrite window will keep the entire contest in its
>scroll buffer.

But this is not worth the time or trouble. The data will be lost if you
close the program. TO be worth it it must be written to a file. ALL program
ought to have a file to save the data but all don't/ It would be very nice,
but not a reason to give up WriteLog, it is too good otherwise.

>You can do an Edit Copy in the RttyRite window followed by an
>Edit Paste in Notepad (you might need to use MS Word or some other
>to handle more than 32000 lines).
>
>Wayne

Gil Baron http://webpages.charter.net/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_96293522==_.ALT

At 20:56 11/25/2001, W. Wright, W5XD wrote:<br>
entry to something really big:<br><br>
[RTTYRITE]<br>
ScrollBufferLength=1000000<br><br>
Then the Rttyrite window will keep the entire contest in its<br>
But this is not worth the time or trouble. The data will be lost if you
close the program. TO be worth it it must be written to a file. ALL
program ought to have a file to save the data but all don't/ It would be
very nice, but not a reason to give up WriteLog, it is too good
otherwise.<br><br>
RttyRite window followed by an<br>
Edit Paste in Notepad (you might need to use MS Word or some other<br>
to handle more than 32000 lines).<br><br>
Wayne<br><br>
&gt; -----Original Message-----<br>
&gt; From: writelog-admin@contesting.com<br>
&gt;
[<a href="mailto:writelog-admin@contesting.com";
eudora="autourl">mailto:writelog-admin@contesting.com</a>]On
Behalf Of WA9ALS - John<br>
&gt; Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2001 14:50<br>
&gt; To: Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604; Writelog@contesting.com<br>
&gt; Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog equivalent of WF1B .AIR file?<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; &gt; I'm trying to locate the Writelog equivalent of the WF1B <br>
&gt; .AIR file for<br>
&gt; &gt; RTTY, but don't seem to be able to find it.<br>
&gt; &gt; What should I be looking for?<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Doug, there isn't one.&nbsp; I think being able to record the <br>
&gt; whole contest audio<br>
&gt; and replay whichever QSO you want by right-clicking on the <br>
&gt; QSO is supposed<br>
&gt; to replace the need for the .air file.&nbsp; The recording is cool
&gt; for SSB or<br>
&gt; possibly CW, but an &quot;.air&quot; file (complete text of whatever
&gt; printed in the<br>
&gt; Rttyrite window) would be very nice for those that don't want <br>
&gt; to bother with<br>
&gt; recording all that audio for a RTTY or CW contest.&nbsp; WL did
&gt; add the ability<br>
&gt; to scroll back the Rttyrite print window, but that's not <br>
&gt; quite the same.&nbsp; I.<br>
&gt; too, would like WL to generate a file of all print from the <br>
&gt; Rttyrite window,<br>
&gt; and append to it each time the program starts.&nbsp; I know the
&gt; list is long for<br>
&gt; Wayne, but this seems like it would be very easy to implement.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Thanks to all that answered my request for ini settings for <br>
&gt; CW transmit and<br>
&gt; receive!&nbsp; 73<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>