[WriteLog] ARRL 10 KL7 KH6 thing follow up

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] ARRL 10 KL7 KH6 thing follow up
From: george.skoubis@verizon.net (George Skoubis)
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 16:51:25 -0600
  When working my second Alaska station I noticed that Alaska showed as a
new multiplier when I entered the call, when I tabbed and entered AK in the
QTH field the new multiplier indicator went away.  The contacts were scored
correctly.

  I think this happens because the ARRL 10 meter contest uses both ARRL
sections and countries as mults.  The program must check the countries list
before the sections list so the second contact also shows up as a mult when
the qth field is blank.  When the qth field is filled in the program
overrides the country mult with the correct AK mult.

  I don't remember if I worked both stations on SSB or CW.  I'd have to look
in my log and I'm just too busy with two kids (and a wife!) and Christmas
Eve tomorrow.

  Create a new contest, choose ARRL 10 meter, then check which of the
combinations (if any) produce a scoring error.

Hope everyone has a Happy Holiday Season!

73 de George / KF9YR