[WriteLog] AFSK and the Icom IC-761

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] AFSK and the Icom IC-761
From: k6ll@juno.com (David O Hachadorian)
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 16:04:50 +0000
Here's a trick that worked wonders on the TS-850.
Maybe it will help you, too.

In the rttyrite window/tu type/tnc setup, select "low tones."
The low tones are around 1275 hz, right in the middle of the
ssb audio passband. Maybe it will help your vox to function.
It will also allow you to use your narrow filters, if your
radio allows you to select them in SSB mode. The low tones
are also easier on your ears. The big advantage, though, is the
use of narrow filters on ssb.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ
K6LL@juno.com