[WriteLog] Creating the log??

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Creating the log??
From: scot@k9jy.com (Scot Herrick)
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 23:01:23 -0000
Hi Phil,

This one always depends upon the rules of the sponsoring contest. In this
case, the rules (from my web site under 'WriteLog Links' 'Contest Sponsors'
where I have the rules for all contests supported by WriteLog) yield the
following:

"8. REPORTING:
    (A) Entries must be postmarked no later than 30 days after the end of
the contest (March 4, 2002). No late entries can be accepted. Use FMRE RTTY
International Contest forms. Look for forms Internet FMRE address:
www.fmre.org.mx. Link : Concursos.
    (B) An official summary sheet or reasonable facsimile with a signed
contest participation disclaimer is required with all entries.
    (C) Logs must indicate date, time in UTC, band, calls and complete
exchanges (sent and received), multipliers and QSO points. Multipliers
should be marked clearly in the log the first time they are worked. Send
entries to: Jose Levy.- XE1J. Dirección de Concursos FMRE. Clavel 333.
Colima, Col. 28030. MEXICO. Or via Internet: «xe1j@ucol.mx»"

(A) and (B) are addressed under 'Contest|Create Summary Sheet.' WriteLog
will provide the sheet; just save it to a folder (the XE Contest folder!).
(C) is addressed under 'File|Save As.' At the File type, select 'File
version of print chronological log (*.txt).'

I'd suggest saving your file with your call so it doesn't get confused with
1,000 other entries saying 'XE RTTY Contest' or something. Then email the
two files to the email address above. I'd put your call and entry class on
the subject line so that you will be easy to find again.

This process is typical of most non-Cabrillo log format reporting. Sometimes
you have to have a dupe sheet as well and that shows up as a 'File|Save As'
option.

For Cabrillo reporting (most of the majors now), you will find that
'Cabrillo File' is enabled under 'Contest.' Just click on that and you will
be presented with a dialog box for your entry class, etc., and then the log
will be created. Just email the log to the contest sponsor as shown in their
rules.

Hope this helps.

CU...Scot, K9JY

K9JY's WriteLog User Support Site at: