[WriteLog] Cabrillo

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Cabrillo
From: doncassel@compuserve.com (Don Cassel)
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 07:35:49 -0400
Interesting comments. It seems that the new "Standard" is not really
standard at all. I think the difference would only be in the fields
required. ie. some would require a QSO # field others would not but the way
a field is defined would be the same for all. Thus a Cabrillo file could be
produced for each contest which contains only the fields required for that
contest. That would be independent of whether the contest sponsor specifies
the need for a Cabrillo file. Writelog would just create the file with the
available fields. A no-brainer.

The problem with WLs approach is that every time a contest sponsor decides
to require Cabrillo then Writelog needs to create a new release of the
software.

Don't get me wrong. I like Writelog a lot and use it for most of my
contesting. It has mostly great qualities and this is just the 1% that irks
me.

Don VE3BUC