[WriteLog] Re: lpt

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: lpt
From: kkii@hcc1.bai.ne.jp (Katsuyuki ISHII)
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 06:41:25 +0900
Hi, Steve and All;

>Really hve to make ure that an opto device has enough gain (current transfer
>ratio)

I have made sure that an opto device does not have enough gain, compared with
a transistor interface.

>> interface I tried lpt keying when I run writelog, but not succeeded.
>
>Does not succeed mean that some elements are short - as yu said before.

No, I mean that the interface cannot drive the keying circuit of my rigs.

>> Then I found that the output level from my Keying interface is not enough
>
>Why not post what your rigs are so that people with same rig may help.
>Also describe your interface circuit.

I use an IC751A and an FT847.  My interface is the folloiwng.

lpt 17pin --vvv-----+      +------- Key
    SLCT   100 ohm  |     /C
                   ---  |/
                   \ /  |\
                   ---  | \E
                    |      +------- GND
lpt 18pin ----------+
    GND

I use a Toshiba TLP521.  I always compare this interface with that described
on CT manual.

>Level is higher ? Where in circuit ?

I mean the output level of my interfaces.

>OH!  Do you have a printer installed on the LPT port ?

No, because I use a printer installed on another PC via home LAN.
I will try it.

----
Katsuyuki Ishii  kkii@hcc1.bai.ne.jp