[WriteLog] Can't Select LPT Ports

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Can't Select LPT Ports
From: W3YY@aol.com (W3YY@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 11:25:41 EDT
I'm installing WriteLog on a new computer running XP Professional.  I have
been successfully using LPT1 on my old computer for CW keying.  On the new
computer I cannot select LPT1 for use with CW.  In fact, I can't check ANY of
the boxes associated with the LPT ports for anything (CW, rig control, etc.).

Device Manager indicates I have one working LPT port (LPT1 at 0378h).

A look a WriteLog.ini shows a listing for 3 LPT ports (LPT 1 through 3 at
3BCh, 378h, and 278h respectively.  Does this mean WriteLog thinks it
detected 3 LPT ports?  I changed this to just a single listing for LPT1 at
378h, but that didn't solve the problem.

Any ideas as to what is wrong?

73, Bob - W3YY