[WriteLog] FD 1D and points

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] FD 1D and points
From: jimsmith@shaw.ca (Jim Smith)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 14:42:29 -0700
I don't see how one can conclude that Class D DX stations don't count.

Item 1. says explicitly that DX in other regions may be contacted for
credit.  There is no qualification as to Class of DX station.

Item 4. heading is Entry Categories

Item 4.6 deals with the entry category for (Class D) Home stations.  It
says that home stations can count contacts with all other station
classes except other home stations.  It DOES NOT SAY that all other
station classes can't count contacts with home stations.

 From the above it follows that Class D DX stations can be counted for
credit by stations in classes A, B, C and E.

 From a practical point of view, if only non Class D DX stations were to
count, how many of them do you think there would be?

It never ceases to amaze me how difficult it is to write a set of rules
which will mean the same to everybody.

Hope this clears the water rather than muddying it further.

73 de Jim Smith    VE7FO