[WriteLog] FD 1D and points

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] FD 1D and points
From: jbastin@sssnet.com (John E Bastin, K8AJS)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 18:37:27 -0400
At 14:42 -0700 06/26/2002, Jim Smith wrote:

>I don't see how one can conclude that Class D DX stations don't count.
>Item 1. says explicitly that DX in other regions may be contacted
>for credit.  There is no qualification as to Class of DX station.
>Item 4. heading is Entry Categories
>
>Item 4.6 deals with the entry category for (Class D) Home stations.
>It says that home stations can count contacts with all other station
>classes except other home stations.  It DOES NOT SAY that all other
>station classes can't count contacts with home stations.
>
>From the above it follows that Class D DX stations can be counted
>for credit by stations in classes A, B, C and E.
>
>From a practical point of view, if only non Class D DX stations were
>to count, how many of them do you think there would be?
>
>It never ceases to amaze me how difficult it is to write a set of
>rules which will mean the same to everybody.
>
>Hope this clears the water rather than muddying it further.
>
>73 de Jim Smith    VE7FO

I think you are missing the point. We (or at least I) were talking
about operating as a class D station. In that situation, DX home
stations (class D) don't count.

Yes, for everybody else, they do count. We know that.

   _
  /~\ The ASCII        | J o h n   B a s t i n           K 8 A J S
  \ / Ribbon Campaign  | jbastin@sssnet.com         K8AJS@arrl.net
   X  Against HTML     |          http://www.qsl.net/k8ajs
  / \ Email!           |