[WriteLog] WriteLog] Writelog and mmtty hangs No Problem here!

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WriteLog] Writelog and mmtty hangs No Problem here!
From: k0bx@qsl.net (k0bx@qsl.net)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 23:21:31 +0000
Hi Guys, nice to work all of  you in the CQWW RTTY last weekend.

I too had problems (sometime) with Writelog and MMTTY Hanging a bit in
other contests.

But about a month ago I bought a barebone Clone computer and upgraded
from a 586/233 to 586/1.7 gig.

Not only did Writelog run better, but MMTTY ran perfect without any
hangup's.  Very fast going to xmit and receive.  On the barebones
computer I  used my same harddrive (Win98SE) without reloading the
software.  Just stuck it in the clone and fired it up.

So I think the real problem is that something, Writelog, MMtty or other
program, is taking up 100 percent of the cpu and MMTTY will no go back
to receive until the cpu is freed up.  Maybe it is called a memory leak.

So go figure.  BTW my Fieldday computer is a 586/133 and it runs
Writelog and MMTTY Win98SE with no problems.

Joe K0BX