[WriteLog] ALT K window does not display characters

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] ALT K window does not display characters
From: gbaron@charter.net (Gil Baron)
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 07:34:41 -0600
When I use Alt-K to transmit CW the characters are not displayed. All I see
is a Square cursor. The problem is that the window height (which is not
sizable WHY?) does is not high enough so the actual characters are lost
either above or below the visible window. This has been that way ever since
early releases. Is there a fix or a way to adjust this in the ini file
because CW keying that way is not very easy.
All of the other windows are perfect so there has to be a defect here.

WINDOWS XP HOME
AMD1200 with 512 Megs RAM
Version 10.36G
Resolution 1152x864 32 bit

I also tried all resolutions down to 800x600 and color depth down to 16 bit.
The best is 24 bit 1152x864 when I can see about 1/3 of the character and it
is mostly below the window. This could be easily fixed if the window were
set to at least 2 lines high. Well not fixed perhaps, but worked around
since most of the time you would only send 1 line. I suspect that the second
line would also be below the window.

Please do not blame my video card or drivers as I have no problem with any
other program. That makes it very unlikely that it is a driver or card
problem.

Gil Baron http://webpages.charter.net/gbaron
44.08333 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Hierro candente, batir de repente"