[WriteLog] ptt line resistance?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] ptt line resistance?
From: gbaron@charter.net (Gil Baron)
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 21:16:14 -0600

Be sure the diode is not in the wrong direction. You did not give enough
information to really understand your circuit. Perhaps a text based drawing
would help. I use no diodes, just a 4.7 k or so to the base and the radio
directly connected to the collector with no resistance.

Be certain the Transistor is a PNP if Positive keying.

Be certain the correct polarity is used from the RTS.

If your resistance to ground with an Ohmmeter at the Collector of the
transistor is as low as 5 ohms I do not see why the rig does not key? Try
just a plain resistor to see what it needs on the rig. I bet over 100 ohms
would still key it.