[WriteLog] CW LPT1 Win XP Question

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CW LPT1 Win XP Question
From: Konigsburg@aol.com (Konigsburg@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 22:10:13 EST
I got it to work. Thanks to all the people who e-mailed me suggestions. Here
is what I did.

I downloaded Direct I/O and configured it for my LPT1 port. I got the hex
addresses for this port from
MyComputer(Properties)-Hardware-DeviceManager-Ports-LPT1(Properties)-Resources

. I put this hex address (mine happen to be 378-37F) into Direct I/O and then
enabled WriteL32.exe from the Direct IO security control panel.

I added two lines to my WriteLog.ini file in the [PORTS] section:

                LPT1=0x378
                CW_ON_PIN1=1

I then went into WriteLog and configured CW on LPT1 and PC generates CW. I
had to hit ALT-K and start to send. For the first character the rig stuck on.
I hit the ESC key. The program worked for the next character I sent. I saved
the configuration. I brought up WriteLog several times and it seems to work.

73,

:) PK  (Paul - K3MZ)

multipart/alternative
  text/html