[WriteLog] SIMPLE CW KEYING FOR OMNI V

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] SIMPLE CW KEYING FOR OMNI V
From: edwhit@optonline.net (Edward Whitman)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 19:13:43 -0500
I am relatively new in using the Writelog program.  In reading some of the
reflector archives, it appears that there is no direct simple interface between
my Writelog and Ten-Tec Omni V transceiver.  What I would like to get from some
of the experts out there is a simple solution on how to key (CW) my Omni V with
the Writelog program.  Nothing fancy...all I would like is to be able to send a
few "canned" messages with the Writelog keyboard, which would in turn key
on/off my Omni.  A parallel connection across my Vibroplex key would work fine
(Yes..there are still some manual keys in use!).

I currently use a home-built manual memory box shunted across the CW input/key
to my Omni V (and Vibroplex), but now that I am busy with the WriteLog program,
I am running out of hands!  If I were able to also use my computer keyboard to
send callsigns, that would be great too!

If you have a simple solution please describe the computer-to-Omni V interface,
and what menus I would have to go into in WriteLog to set the serial/parallel
ports outputs on my computer.  Would I have to put together an outboard
switching circuit?

Perhaps I will be lucky and get everything in place for this weekend's CQWW DX
CW Contest!

Thanks & 73
Ed Whitman,  K2MFY

multipart/alternative