[WriteLog] Sound Card Reality Check

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Sound Card Reality Check
From: jon@praxisworks.org (Jon Harder)
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 13:41:04 -0000
Hi all --

> On the other hand, Jon Harder, K1US, reported some disappointing results
> here about the Audigy awhile back, so I would stay away from that.

Still good advice, but to keep the record straight the one I tested and
posted about was the eternal audio system, the Extigy.   I think the basic
"innards" are the same as the Audigy uses, but packaged as an external USB
box.  Some of the problems I ran into were likely related to the USB
plumbing for the link with the PC.

I'm still very pleased with the combo of an SB 16 PCI card and the Creative
Media audio module on a Soyo Dragon Plus motherboard.

73 and happy Roundup to all,

Jon         K1US