[WriteLog] Sound Card Reality Check

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Sound Card Reality Check
From: ve3gsi@canada.com (Eric - VE3GSI)
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 09:14:21 -0500
Hi John,

In my computer that I use for my radio station I have two SoundBlaster
cards.  The original that came with the clone is the SB Live (value) and now
a second sound card being the SB 16 PCI.

My only observation with the SB Live on the one I have, is, that the jack
marked lineout on the card is really a second channel for surround sound and
there was no way to use it as a lineout to my station. I think someone on
this reflector made mention to the SB Live as being brain dead, I tend to
agree.

The SB 16 PCI does have a useable lineout and the SB 16 PCI interfaces
nicely to WriteLog for my needs.  But I do admit I do not use it for voice,
only digital 'type' modes.

A good friend uses two SB 16 PCIs in his clone with no problem at all. Both
of us are running WinXP with stock drivers.  Rather, I know for sure my card
is using stock Windows drivers.

Good luck in your quest.

73 de Eric
ve3gsi@canada.com