[WriteLog] Converting a disk to NTFS

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Converting a disk to NTFS
From: rojomn@charter.net (rojomn)
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 18:40:57 -0600
There is no reason that a windows program will not run on NTFS. I would not
convert myself. NTFS is actually slower, although it is perhaps a bit less
likely to lose data.
The biggest problem is that you have NO access from DOS (which may not allow
certain utilities to run) or any other OS except NT/2000/XP. It is also a
one way street. Once you go to NTFS there NO GOING BACK. To return  to FAT32
you must reinstall and reinstall all of your applications. D you want to
take that chance?