[WriteLog] Converting a disk to NTFS

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Converting a disk to NTFS
From: bob.naumann@gte.net (Bob Naumann - N5NJ)
Date: Wed Jan 22 09:44:35 2003
The other option is to install a second hard drive and format it as FAT.

NTFS has security, FAT does not.  The security forces you to use the operating
system's log in security to gain access to anything on the drive.  FAT allows
you to just boot from a floppy and access any FAT formatted hard drive.  This
"feature" is a security concern as you might imagine in a business environment.

I don't think that there is any reason for anyone's shack computer to be
concerned about that type of security.

Both schemes work, and work well.

If you want to use DOS at all, then go with FAT.

Two hard drives really solves the problem with dual boot.

73,
N5NJ