[WriteLog] Converting a disk to NTFS

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Converting a disk to NTFS
From: w8fn@attglobal.net (Randy Farmer)
Date: Wed Jan 22 21:51:41 2003
>Yeah? Let's see you manipluate a file set as hidden and system in
>Windows?
>
>And no, I have an ancient Norton utility which no O/S other than DOS
>can duplicate. And it DOES show ALL files, and can edit them without
>changing attributes.

Try ZTree, a marvelous port of the old DOS XTree Gold to 32-bit systems.
I've used it with Win98, WINNT 4.0, and WIN2K with absolutely no problems.
If you're really brave you can even edit files at the hex level with it! It
has lots of good features such as built-in zip file viewing and extraction
and the ability to tag a bunch of files from different directories and copy
them to another drive while preserving the directory structure. It's
keyboard based and runs in a command window. I wouldn't be without it. For
details go to www.ztree.com.

73...
Randy, W8FN