[WriteLog] Save is Slow with large logs

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Save is Slow with large logs
From: scot@k9jy.com (Scot Herrick)
Date: Fri Mar 7 22:20:27 2003
Marty,

Catching up on email, so perhaps this has been answered. From my website,
under WriteLog.ini:

"Option: Auto Save   Top of Page

If this parameter is not in your WriteLog.ini file, you will get at least
two emails after every contest from the reflector asking how to get rid of
the dialog box that asks you after every 20 QSO's to save your log and
having to interrupt your flow in the contest to do so.  To specify the auto
save enter ONE of the following options in the [Configuration] section of
the WriteLog.ini file:

AutoSaveCount= -1       (this option will cause WriteLog to NOT auto save)

AutoSaveCount= x         (where X is the number of QSO's for WriteLog to
auto save the file. 10 means save the file after every 10 QSO's, 100 means
save the file after every 100 QSO's. Please Note that you will NOT lose
QSO's that are not auto saved. All QSO's are put into a temporary file that
is fully recoverable if not saved.)"

Hope this helps....

Scot, K9JY

See K9JY's WriteLog User Support Site at:
http://www.k9jy.com
mailto:scot@k9jy.com

On a semi-related note, I thought I saw an INI setting the other day that
would change the interval at which the "xx QSOs since last save" message
would come up in the QSO entry window, but I'll be darned if I can find it
now. Anyone know what the ini section and entry is??

Thanks

-Marty NW0L
  martyt@pobox.com